Invoices have to conform to certain requirements for VAT compliance. We recommend sending us your original invoices (copies are not accepted). Your original invoices will be returned to you after processing together with the payment. All invoices must be addressed to your company and show following details.
- Date of issue of the invoice
- Invoice identification number, a sequential number that uniquely identifies it.
- description of services
- Name and address of supplier or provider of service
- VAT registration number of supplier
- Customer’s VAT registration number where the customer is subject to reverse charge method.
- V.A.T. rate applied
- net amount
- V.A.T. amount
- total amount V.A.T. included
- possibly a proof of total payment of the invoice (sometimes requested by the tax office)
- Unit price of goods or service exclusive of VAT
- Reference to national or Community legislation in the case of “Exemption” or “Reverse Charge”
- For small-value invoices (less than £250 including tax), you only need to specify: Suppliers name and address
- Invoice amounts can be expressed in any currency but the VAT element must be shown in the currency of the country of supply
We arrange for invoices to be corrected & contact the supplier for their reissue if they do not comply with country invoice requirements as the tax authority may reject the invoices which don’t meet the requirements.